Ohio State’s success on the football field over the last 20 years is no mystery, bringing home two national titles during that time. And under head coach Urban Meyer, the Buckeyes aren’t showing any signs of slowing down. In terms of time spent on the AP’s Top 25 over the last 20 years, OSU is second to none. But Florida, LSU, Florida State and Georgia aren’t far behind, as this awesome graphic from @Techsideline’s self-proclaimed infographic stat geek OXVT points out. Pix Six Previews shared the graphic on Twitter.#HOKIES #8 in nation in AP Poll appearances last 20 years@TechSideline@VT_Football@coachfostervt@CoachFuente pic.twitter.com/QhpTfhIy0k— OXVT (@OX_VT) June 1, 2016With 300 AP Poll appearances, the Buckeyes have spent 90.1-percent of their time ranked inside the top 25 during that time span. That’s impressive. Not far behind, Florida’s 273 appearances (82%), LSU’s 272 (81.7%), FSU’s 271 (81.4%) and Georgia’s 251 (75.4%) round out the top five. Alabama, due to the pre-Nick Saban era in Tuscaloosa, isn’t high on the list in terms of time spent on the AP Poll over the last 20 years. But the Tide have the highest-average ranking (7.3); meaning, when they’re ranked they’re ranked high. What do you think, college football fans? Any surprises here?
CALGARY – The Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers says it expects crude oil production to hit 5.12 million barrels per day by 2030, an increase of 33 per cent from current levels.The forecast, revised upward from last year’s projection that output would hit 4.93 million bpd, reflects an anticipated rise in production from both Western and Eastern Canada.CAPP says production from the oilsands is expected to climb to 3.7 million bpd by 2030, in line with what it said last year and up from 2.4 million bpd in 2016.Its report comes despite an ongoing decline in spending in the oilsands, which is down to $15 billion this year from $34 billion in 2014.CAPP says the growth in oilsands production demonstrates why more pipelines are needed as capacity is already being reached.
FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – Police are investigating after 25 vehicles had their tires slashed on Saturday night.Staff Sergeant Steve Perret with the Fort St. John RCMP said that vehicles in the vicinity of 86 Street between 96 Avenue and 85 Avenue had their tires slashed between Saturday evening and Sunday morning. “The Fort St. John RCMP is continuing their investigation into this senseless act of vandalism,” said S/Sgt. Perret.If you have information about this incident, contact the RCMP at 250-787-8100. You can also remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
U.S. songstress Mariah Carey was reportedly paid around $1.5 million to perform at a private celebration in London for the son of the Sultan of Brunei on New Year’s Eve, Britain’s Daily Mail reported on Friday.Invited to appear by Prince Azim, Carey is believed to have performed three songs, including Always Be My Baby, and lead a chorus of traditional New Year’s hit Auld Lang Syne.“Prince Azim is known for his lavish star-studded parties, and his 30th birthday in 2012 was attended by the likes of Elizabeth Jagger, Raquel Welch and Pamela Anderson,” the newspaper reported, adding that the party hosting Carey took place at the five-star Dorchester Hotel. Carey and the billionaire prince are believed to have been “friends for a number of years,” the newspaper stated.“Mariah has known Prince Azim for many years … They are friends and have done a lot of charity work together,” a representative for Carey told the newspaper, although they would not discuss how much Carey was paid.The pop diva performed alongside veteran star Diana Ross at the event, which hosted high profile guests including actresses Sophia Loren and Faye Dunaway.But Carey’s New Year’s performance came after she stirred controversy when she was paid an estimated $1m to perform for Angolan President Josè Eduardo Dos Santos last week.The performance prompted human rights campaigners to express their outrage at the news, claiming the leader had murdered and exploited the African country’s people for his own gain.But Carey is not the only pop star to recently come under fire for controversial performances.In July 2013, Jennifer Lopez apologized for singing “Happy Birthday to You” to the president of Turkmenistan.The Human Rights Foundation (HRF) had criticized the performance in a strongly worded statement, prompting the apology. According to the nonprofit, Turkmen President Gurbanguly Berdymukhamedov has “ruled the country with an iron fist since 2006.”Source: Al Arabiya
For all those efforts, who to blame is simple: Federer and his cohorts. They’ve made the final two rounds an exclusive club since Federer won his first Slam in 2003. He’s now won 18, while Rafael Nadal has 15, Novak Djokovic 12 and Stan Wawrinka and Murray three each. Since 2004, only four other men have won a major title, and only one for each: Gaston Gaudio, Marat Safin, Juan Martin del Potro and Marin Cilic, who will play against Querrey in Friday’s semifinals. These top players tend to make it to the semifinals before they lose, making it difficult for anyone, let alone an American, to reach the semis.From the beginning of 2005 through the French Open last month, Federer, Djokovic, Nadal and Murray accounted for 57 percent of all the Grand Slam semifinal slots. Querrey, as happy as can be, is being realistic about his chances.“Marin [Cilic] is ranked, like, five,” Querrey said. “He’s right outside of the big four. That’s going to be a tough one.”That’s about the only thing Querrey has done wrong so far: Cilic is ranked sixth.CORRECTION (July 14, 1:40 p.m.): A photo caption in an earlier version of this story incorrectly said that Querrey was the first American to reach a Slam semifinal this decade. He is the first American man to do so. A chart in this article also has been updated to clarify that the data pertains only to men’s tennis. WIMBLEDON, England — And on the 2,933rd day, an American man reached a Grand Slam semifinal.Sam Querrey, a 29-year-old from California, ousted defending champion Andy Murray at Wimbledon on Wednesday and became the first American man to reach the semifinals at a Grand Slam tournament since Andy Roddick here in 2009.Happiness rarely graces American men’s tennis these days. Fourteen years ago, Roddick won the U.S. Open. No American man has won a major since. Only one American male player besides Roddick has appeared in a major final since Roddick’s win: Andre Agassi, who lost to Roger Federer at the 2005 U.S. Open. Roddick played four more Grand Slam finals until 2009 and lost them all to Federer, including a heart-breaking five-set defeat at Wimbledon in 2009.Agassi retired after the 2006 U.S. Open. Roddick left the game on his 30th birthday in 2012 (less than three months older than Querrey is now). And no American man has broken into the elite ranks of men’s tennis since. Querrey is the first U.S. player to make his debut in a Slam semifinal since Robby Ginepri reached the final four of the 2005 U.S. Open. Getting to a semifinal took him forever: This was Querrey’s 42nd Grand Slam main draw, now a record for a first-time semifinalist in the Open era. By comparison, Agassi made his first Slam semifinal in 1988, less than two years after his first major appearance. In the next nine years, eight Americans would make their semifinal debuts.1 Aaron Krickstein, Michael Chang, Pete Sampras, David Wheaton, Jim Courier, Patrick McEnroe, Todd Martin and MaliVai Washington. A handful of superstars has usually dominated men’s tennis. For a while, the U.S. had one or two of them, sometimes even more. Lately it’s had none, in part because the sport has become more global. Since the end of 2005, 24 non-American men from 19 countries have reached a Grand Slam semifinal for the first time, including Ivan Ljubicic (Croatia), Kei Nishikori (Japan), Fernando Gonzalez (Chile), and Grigor Dimitrov (Bulgaria).The globalization of tennis has slowed down America year after year. In the early Open era, beginning in 1968, into the 1970s and ’80s, America led the world in tennis training, practice and equipment. American men won loads of Grand Slam titles from 1968 through the 1990s, when John McEnroe, Jimmy Connors, Agassi, Pete Sampras and Jim Courier ruled. From 1990 to 1999, American men reached the semifinals or better 62 times at Grand Slams.All the while, though, foreign tennis training improved. By the time 2000 came along, diversity had climbed. American men reached the semifinals or better only 26 times from 2000 to 2009.And then, nothing. Players have rarely escaped the early rounds at the French Open, where clay feels foreign compared to American hard courts. Not that those hard courts help much. At the U.S. Open, American men haven’t looked like title contenders since Agassi and Roddick. The U.S. Tennis Association, so worried about that decline, has invested in a $63 million training center in Florida that has 100 courts.
Just after he signed a five-year deal at Camp Nou, Umtiti has now turned his head to Russia and the performance of the France international team there.Samuel Umtiti is now relaxed as he has already done everything he can for the near future – he is a part of the France team, he just signed a five-year contract extension with Barcelona, despite being linked with a move to Manchester United earlier this season, and is now in a relaxed mood.Winning the La Liga and Copa del Rey with the Catalan side, Umtiti will certainly play a key part in France’s participation in the tournament in Russia.Barca’s Umtiti out for weeks with broken bone George Patchias – September 13, 2019 Barcelona’s Samuel Umtiti has been ruled out for up to six weeks with a broken bone in his foot.Last week, Samuel Umtiti withdrew from…“Since my extension, I feel light, I can concentrate only on the field. I had already gone through that [transfers] in the European Championships. It was better to do so [in this way],” Umtiti said, according to Goal.“In this team, there are quite a few young players but some with experience. We must not force leadership. What makes the strength of this group is unity,” Umtiti added, addressing the international team.“We must play seriously but without pressure. We’re looking for landmarks, automatism. This is the purpose of the preparation.”
Fulham Football Club player Andre Schurrle has revealed that scoring his first goal for the club is an amazing moment.The former Chelsea winger was on target for the Cottagers this weekend, scoring the club’s fourth goal during their impressive victory over Burnley on Sunday afternoon.Schurrle is currently on a two-year loan deal from Borussia Dortmund and the Germany international is keen to rekindle his career after a very difficult 24-month spell in the Bundesliga.A beaming Schürrle shared his delight with FulhamFCTV, as quoted by HammyEnd, after the final whistle: “It was a great atmosphere and it was a really good feeling on the pitch. I really enjoyed every minute because you could feel like everyone was coming, everyone was going – the crowd wanted us to be together, fight and score the goals and that’s what we did.”“Today was amazing and for our new players it was so important, you can’t even believe.”Official: Tottenham sign Fulham youngster Ryan Sessegnon Andrew Smyth – August 8, 2019 Tottenham have sealed another transfer deadline day deal to sign the highly-rated Ryan Sessegnon from Fulham.“We could have scored more, especially me. I think I had 45 shots today! Normally in a Premier League you don’t have so many shots and so many big chances, so that’s what we have to get together.”“Maybe we have to score a few more goals, but we’re happy with four today and the win.”The winger was delighted to get off the mark for the Whites, especially after seeing a number of his earlier efforts well saved by Joe Hart.“When I scored the goal, it was very important for me. It was one of the greatest moments in my career and to be on this pitch and in front of these fans, because they were all chanting [my name] before, I wanted to give them something back and when the ball went in and I could feel this joy, it was an amazing moment.”
WILMINGTON, MA — According to the Middlesex North Registry of Deeds, 44 properties were sold in Wilmington during June 2019:Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading… Related40 Properties Sold In Wilmington In AugustIn “Business”42 Properties Sold In Wilmington In JulyIn “Business”37 Properties Sold In Wilmington In MayIn “Business”
Share 00:00 /01:08 – / 3Woodlands Express is a commuter bus service that’s operated by The Woodlands Township, with the help of a federal transit grant. About 2,700 riders a day use the service to get from The Woodlands to downtown Houston. It also stops in the Med Center and Greenway Plaza. But when the buses head back to Montgomery County, they’re empty. To fill those seats, The Woodlands Township Board of Directors has approved a new reverse-commuting program. The Woodlands Director of Community Relations Nick Wolda says the buses will now start carrying people from Houston to the suburbs.“There’s really no risk on our part as far as the financial risk because these are buses already coming back,” says Wolda. But once you get riders to The Woodlands, how do you get them to the places where they work? Wolda says they plan to discuss that with some of the area’s major employers. “Those are things we’ll be working through over the next few weeks,” adds Wolda. “And we plan to launch this service once we develop and work out a lot of these details.” Woodlands Express is planning to start the reverse commuting program after the first of the year. The fare for a round-trip is currently $13. Listen X To embed this piece of audio in your site, please use this code:
Kolkata: The Election Commission is gearing up for voting in the booth at Srikhola Primary School under Bijanbari block in Darjeeling which is located at an altitude of 2,700 feet from the sea level. This booth in the district is located at the highest altitude in Bengal. Darjeeling will have polls on April 18, during the second phase of elections.”The booth is located very close to the Indo-Nepal border and is highly sensitive and accessibility is a major challenge. It is five hours’ drive from Darjeeling town and then a steep climb of nearly 7 km on horses. The election officials and the security personnel including the Central Forces will be reaching the booth at least 24 hours in advance,” an EC official said. Also Read – Rs 13,000 crore investment to provide 2 lakh jobs: MamataBijanbari is a small town located in a valley. There is a winding scenic road that goes down all the way from Ghoom to this sleepy town over a stretch of 22 kilometres. Lovely mountain streams, waterfalls, tea gardens and the green forest is a feast to the eyes. However, the booth located at the extreme end of this block has around 915 voters who hail from four villages. The residents in the area have been demanding proper connectivity to this place for a very long time. Also Read – Lightning kills 8, injures 16 in stateThere have been attempts by the state Public Works Department (PWD) to construct a narrow motorable road through the hills to reach the booth. Some part of the road was also built by the PWD engineers but a major landslide that took place a few months back had damaged it. It may be mentioned that the total number of booths in Darjeeling parliamentary constituency is 1,899 among which 874 booths are in the hills and the rest 1,025 booths are in the plains. Out of the 874 booths in the hills, 261 booths are in Kurseong Assembly constituency (AC), 321 in Darjeeling AC and 292 booths in Kalimpong AC. Darjeeling parliamentary constituency has 80 percent of its booths highly sensitive and the Commission is making special security arrangements for all of them.