EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. — Mikhail Prokhorov is interested in hearing from potential buyers for the Brooklyn Nets, but a spokesperson for the Russian billionaire said no sale is imminent.“As we have said for many months, ownership is always open to listening to offers — that’s just good business,” Ellen Pinchuk said in a statement. “There is nothing imminent in terms of a sale of any stake in the team.”That came in response to a report earlier Jan. 13 from Bloomberg News, citing two people with direct knowledge of the matter, that Prokhorov had retained Evercore Partners to sell the team.Prokhorov bought 80 percent of the team and 45 percent of Barclays Center in Brooklyn in 2010. He said earlier this season he was willing to listen to offers for a minority share of the club but wouldn’t sell his majority stake.He had set a goal of winning a championship within five years, but the Nets have gotten nowhere close despite the NBA’s highest payroll. They are 16-22 this season, losers of six straight, a season after ESPN.com reported that the Nets’ basketball operations department lost $144 million.Prokhorov downplayed those losses when he last met with reporters before the Nets’ home opener in November.But he would have little problem making all of it back and more if he did sell at a time when franchise values are soaring, topped by the $2 billion Steve Ballmer paid for the Los Angeles Clippers last summer.Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban said he had just returned from a family vacation and didn’t know what was happening with the Nets, but that owning an NBA team was difficult.“It could be the ruble, it could be political issues (in Russia),” he said in Sacramento before the Mavericks played the Kings.“But it’s tough and it’s not an easy business. We all come in making promises of what we are going to do. Well, it took me 12 years to do what I said I was going to do,” Cuban added. “It’s just not easy and sometimes it gets frustrating.”___Associated Press writer Antonio Harvey in Sacramento, California, contributed to this reportTweetPinShare0 Shares
BLUE RIVER, B.C. – A wildlife tour company in Blue River, B.C., is facing charges for allegedly putting food out to attract bears.Chris Doyle, deputy chief of the B.C. Conservation Officer Service, said in a conference call Thursday that the service began its investigation last August after receiving a complaint.Doyle said charges were sworn in May against Blue River Safari, also known as River Safari, which offers jet boat and jeep tours for bear and wildlife viewing.He said the charges against the company include feeding dangerous wildlife and placing attractants for dangerous wildlife under the B.C. Wildlife Act.The allegations have not been proven in court and the company could not immediately be reached for comment.Doyle said a representative for Blue River Safari is expected to appear in a Clearwater court on Sept. 25.Blue River is near Wells Grey Provincial Park, about 80 kilometres from the Alberta boundary.Doyle said it’s much more common for people to unintentionally leave out attractants for bears than to feed them on purpose, but it can have the same effect of putting both human safety and the lives of bears in danger.
APTN National NewsThe Mohawk of Kahnawake and Kahehsatake fear for their hunting, fishing and harvesting territory.The Quebec government issued logging permits on lands in proximity of their reserve lands several years ago and they say without consultation.The courts issued an injunction halting any logging in the area until January 2016.A local town has joined the fight.APTN’s Danielle Rochette has the story.
Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock has conceded that signing Nantes striker Emiliano Sala now seems unlikely, but has refused to give up hope.Sala has been impressive for Nantes this season, scoring 12 goals and providing 2 assists in 16 matches for the French Ligue 1 club.Cardiff boss Warnock was confident of capturing his signature in January but was left disappointed after Nantes hiked up his transfer fee.“We’re looking as best we can at where we can get players in really but at the moment, it looks very much like a loan market to us,” Warnock told Sky Sports.Report: Miguel Cardoso sacked again George Patchias – August 28, 2019 Miguel Cardoso has been sacked for the third time in 12 months.There is one thing that all football managers know, and that is, from…“But that might change. I think everything seems to change so dramatically at our club at times. I wouldn’t say it’s dead in the water, but it’s highly unlikely at the moment.“I’d like to think I’ve got one [deal to sign a player] close, but you just never know in the game.“It’s so difficult, the higher you go. The Championship was a little bit easier in January but in the Premier League, you’ve got to get the best in.”
Posted: October 7, 2018 KUSI Newsroom Pedestrian hospitalized with gunshot wound after fight with motorist in Del Cerro October 7, 2018 SAN DIEGO (KUSI) – A 57-year-old man suffered a gunshot to his right forearm while fighting a motorist who almost struck him Sunday morning in the Del Cerro community of San Diego, a police sergeant said.The victim told police he was walking southbound across the street in the 5200 block of Adobe Falls Road when he was almost struck about 1 a.m. by a white, four-door sedan, said San Diego police Sgt. Michael Tansey.“He exchanged words with the driver of the vehicle. The vehicle stopped and a Pacific Islander male exited the driver’s seat,” Tansey said. “The two became involved in a fight, and the victim was knocked unconscious.”The 57-year-old man regained consciousness and was taken to the hospital by an unknown citizen.He realized that he had been shot in the forearm while at an area hospital and was transferred to the hospital’s trauma unit, where he was treated for his injuries, he said.The suspect in connection with the shooting was described as a 6-foot, 2-inch tall Pacific Islander weighing 220 pounds with long hair. KUSI Newsroom, Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter